Friday, July 19, 2013

Breakfast Acorn Squash

I got the idea from PALEOMG but just made it my own. I get a lot of people who ask me where I get my recipes. I used to follow recipes exactly for what they were but these days I kind of just get ideas and create them myself. It is a fun thing to do - especially when your creations come out delicious! 

Ingredients:
Acorn Squash (You would only use 1/2) 
1 Egg
2-3 slices of Bacon 
Cheese (optional) 

Method:
-Cut your acorn squash in half, remove the seeds and add a bit of olive oil. Bake face down on a baking sheet for about 45-60 minutes at 375 degrees. (I did this the night before so in the morning it would just need to reheat) 
-Cook your Bacon in a pan. Once it is cooked, add in the filling of the acorn squash and cook together. 
- Stuff the Acorn squash bowl with the bacon/squash filling. 
- Crack an egg over the top and add cheese if you would like. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. 

Very tasty!! It's a different kind of breakfast which is nice sometimes :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment